9.18.2008

Baby Shower Cakes

These are some baby shower cakes that I have made over the past year. Just as in my other posts, some are better than others. It is easy to see the areas that I need to work on. Like the writing on the one below. I was pleased with the rest of the cake. It was made to match the invitation.
This cake was for a co-worker that was having her fourth baby. Finally a girl! Next time I will not mix fondant feet with butter cream icing.

Yes - this is actually a baby shower cake. The bedding for the baby to be was black and white. The pattern on the linens was toile, however, I was not ready to tackle that. Thank goodness the bed skirt was polka dotted!





These next two pictures are from a shower cake, however, I did not choose the color scheme. I was pleased with the fondant baby.












No comments: