9.16.2008

Football Cakes

In this post, I am going to add a few pictures of football cakes I have made over the past year.

Here is the first football cake that I made.

This cake was really easy to make, although I had trouble finding a pan. My friend, Carla, found the pan at a specialty bake shop and got it for me.



I used the Wilton football shaped pan for this and all of my football cakes.




Here are some more football cakes that I have done. Some were decorated with the star decorating tip and on others, I smoothed the icing.


Apparently, a real football has a certain number of "stitches" across the top. I have no idea about this, but naturally, my husband knows all about it. Needless to say, some of these footballs are more realistic than others, depending on the likeness of the icing stitches to a football's real stitches.

All of these football cakes so far have been chocolate cake. (That is the only way you could get me to sit through an entire football game - bribe me with chocolate!)








No comments: